Sanford Levings

"Hi, I’m Sanford Levings, President of MinistryCFO and author of this blog. The purpose of our blog is to share with you information and insights that we gather from working with and listening to our clients and partners, located throughout the country." read more

Save on Comprehensive Church Insurance Premiums

You Need an Agent, Not a Company

All churches, including start-up churches, need standard general and liability insurance coverage, which includes:

  1. General liability insurance
  2. Employment practices insurance
  3. Errors and omissions insurance
  4. Sexual misconduct insurance
  5. Director’s and officer’s insurance
  6. Workers’ compensation insurance

If your church owns a facility, then you’ll need to add building insurance to the list.

If your church owns one or more automobiles, then you’ll need to add automobile insurance to the list.

We highly recommend you work with an insurance agent rather than an insurance company representative. Agents can shop insurance coverage and cost for you. Not so with an insurance company representative.

Insurance rates vary from year to year among the insurance providers. It’s important to have a proactive insurance agent working on your side, particularly at annual renewal time.

MinistryCFO keeps in touch with several insurance agents. It is not uncommon for them to contact us to let us know of recent rate reduction opportunities.


MinistryCFO finds ways to save your money.  Let the MinistryCFO team provide you with one of our seasoned insurance agents and see if they can provide you with more coverage at less cost.


Leave a Comment